IBM Audit Defence Service
A significant initiative by IBM has been the searching out of additional value from its existing users – as opposed to new business where competition is fierce and open source is a ready alternative. In this challenging time for existing on-premise customers, Cerno helps you to protect your position.
Cerno is highly experienced in IBM license negotiations and, utilising our commercial, contractual and technical knowledge and analysis, we seek to challenge assertions by IBM (or its auditors including KPMG or Deloitte) in order to reduce your software costs.
We have a detailed understanding of IBM’s tactics in its audit process, which include:
- Complex changes from processor/core based licensing to PVU counts;
- A rigid insistence on the conditions for sub-capacity licensing even where the customer has severe difficulties in installing ILMT (IBM License Management Tool);
- No published price-list leaving customers in the dark over costs;
- An insistence that its interpretation of its licence wording is the only valid one;
- Significant reliance on white papers, website materials and new guidance to shift meaning of earlier licence terms;
- Demands for penalties without offering the discount levels which would otherwise be expected in the market;
- Pressure through its incentive scheme for sales managers to switch customers to cloud-based products.
Cerno is independent: it is not part of IBM’s PartnerWorld reseller program nor do we have any hidden relationships with them. Unlike many consultants or SAM providers, Cerno’s business is dedicated solely to you, the customer.
Contact us below if you have been selected for an audit by IBM or its partners to protect your position.