Oracle Audit Defence Service
Oracle’s licensing has been described by some as being ‘complex and treacherous’. Oracle’s preference is to seek additional value from its existing users – as opposed to new business where competition is fierce. In the face of this volatile environment for customers, Cerno helps you to protect your position.
The Cerno team are experienced in Oracle licence negotiations, particularly the use of VMWare with Oracle database and applications, as well as moving Oracle to AWS. We utilise our commercial, contractual and technical analysis to challenge assertions by Oracle or LMS in order to reduce your software costs.
Due to our first-hand experience with Oracle, we understand the intrinsic details of their auditing. These include:
- An insistence that its interpretation of its licence wording is the only valid one;
- Heavy reliance on white papers, website materials and new guidance to shift meaning of earlier licence terms;
- Requiring licence fees on programs which include applications which were not ordered and may have been inadvertently triggered;
- Refusing to accept soft-partitioning and requiring all cores to be licensed;
- Requiring all servers on which any programs are installed – even if not running – to be licensed for all cores / processors;
- Demands for penalties without offering the true discount levels which would otherwise be expected in the market;
- An intense pressure through its incentive scheme for sales managers to switch customers to cloud-based products.
Cerno is independent: it is not part of Oracle’s PartnerNetwork nor do we have any hidden relationships with them. Unlike many consultants or SAM providers, Cerno’s business is dedicated solely to you, the customer.
Contact us below if you have been selected for an audit by Oracle LMS or its partners to protect your position.